Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Playing Catch-Up!


I am playing catch-up in a lot of ways.  With my blog...with my Craftsy Block of the Month...and with my projects! 
I haven't put anything on here in a while but I have been stitching away!  Here are some pillowcases I made to take to my LQS to have donated to participating hospitals.  I used this awesome tube method my aunt was trying to describe to me.  I didn't understand it until I found it online.  Super easy!!

I also took myself back to "school"!  Quilting school, that is.  I downloaded this teaching book about quilting to try to perfect some of my sewing weaknesses.  I did manage to perfect my 1/4" seam!  I took in some of the things they said and discarded a few others but I am enjoying the practice.  So far I have made the center of a sampler quilt and it came out pretty great, if I do say so myself!
Of course, after that I got distracted and started doing something else but I plan to continue on and see if I can learn a few more things to make me a better quilter.
Something fun I started was the Craftsy Block of the Month!  I just got my January blocks completed because I could not figure out what fabric I wanted to use.  But last weekend, I went to a LQS in Annapolis and got what I needed.  I chose 35 fat quarters of a Riley Blake fabric collection with a brown blender fabric as my "solid" background.  So I made the two January blocks and I am about to start the two February blocks.  Then I will be all caught up! (With that, anyway!)  I'll post my February blocks when they are finished.

 Asterisk Block
 Wonky Pound Sign

Well it's time for lunch and Izzy can't cook for herself yet so I must be going.  I think I'll post some more of my older projects next time just to get them on here.  'Til next time =)

No comments:

Post a Comment